Friday, January 25, 2008

Phone calls & memories

Mom has been so brave lately, but she has also been falling apart. She can't seem to shake the image of dad dying. She was there. He looked at her, said I am dying then literally died in her arms. It is a nightmare that she cannot get out of her head. I don't know what to do to ease her horrible memories. There is only so much I can do from work. I tell her to get out of the house because his memory is everywhere. Maybe when it is warmer it will be easier for her to get out. I wish she had some friends she could call and hang out with during the day.
Phone calls are a life line to her. I must thank everyone who calls her. You have no idea how much those calls mean to her. They keep her grounded. Even when you only call to say hi it can make such a huge impact on her day. Those few moments can help her get through a bad morning. They give her something to focus on. A few minutes of contact with someone who cares when her world seems to be spinning out of control.
So thank you from the bottom of my heart for those precious calls. I have been meaning to thank you for a long time and have never found the time. Today was a bad day for mom, I hope you were able to give her a call. Special thanks to the angels-you know who you are!

No comments: