Thursday, January 10, 2008

My dad wishes me a pleasant day every day

I have a secret. My dad talks to me every day. No really. He wishes me happy birthday and tells me to have a pleasant day. Now Mrs. H before you call the loony bin to take me away, I guess I should explain that dad talks to me from my voice mail at work.
On my birthday 5 years ago or so, dad left me a message and I never erased it.
So now, when I want to hear him I play it. He says, "Hello Cindy, and a happy birthday to you. I hope you have a pleasant day." Now isn't that about the coolest thing?!? Well, it is to me!! Depending on the day it can make me smile or make me cry. It is my secret message from my dad just to me. So I am sending this wish to you that you have a pleasant day today and every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you have that from your dad! that is something you can always keep and treasure.

Smokey's Daughter said...

Thanks Karla. It is a great blessing to me. I know that some folks may find it hard to hear, but to me I can hear him if I close my eyes anyway so this just makes it more clear. I love you!