Monday, May 19, 2008

Magna Cum Laude High School Grauate


Well my baby is a high school graduate! I am so very proud of him. We actually made it through the graduation ceremony without tears....okay maybe I had one or two...but it was not bad.
My dad would have been bursting his buttons with pride. I am sure he is in heaven telling everyone, "That is MY grandson".
My father drove this kid to school every day for 3 1/2 years and picked him up too. If not for gramps there would have been no school, or plays, or parties. Gramps never once complained about having to sit in a hot car in a parking lot for 3 hours waiting for a play rehearsal that was longer than what the schedule said it would be. He never lost his temper at last minute drives or late the night calls from a daughter who just did not have the energy to drive out to "who knows where" to pick up the kid. We are grateful for all the miles and minutes that gramps gave unselfishly to the cause. You are a huge part of who Ryan is today. Gramps, you did a great job...this kid is a good boy! Thank you. Thank you so much.

No comments: