Friday, May 16, 2008

There Are Still Tears

beautiful

Last night was the Baccalaureate Mass for my son's high school graduating class. It was a lovely ceremony. There were several times when parents and grandparents were mentioned. Sister said that she hoped the kids would remember the sacrifices that parents and grandparents made to send them to this school. She had all the parents and grandparents stand, etc.

After the service I saw my son in the lobby and someone asked him if he was okay and he started crying. He said it was all the talk about grandparents. It broke my heart. He hugged several people who comforted him. I know that it is really hard right now for all of us. Ryan tries to be grown up and he is. He is very mature and strong. But I have to remember that inside he is still a little boy who misses his gramps.

No comments: