Thursday, November 19, 2009


I was feeling very UN Thanksgiving like for the past week or so. You know the story..last thing we did with Dad was celebrate our Thanksgiving on Sunday. The last "good" day he had was in the hospital ON Thanksgiving. Then ....well you know the rest. So I was thinking this year would be a good year to go to McDonald's or a pizza parlor or something very UN Thanksgiving like.
But then, Monday, after having a tooth extracted ( yes me but don't ask & ouch) my mother surprised me by saying she was thinking about making a Thanksgiving meal. Would I mind? Would I mind!?! I was excited!! Signs of life!! Oh joy!
I started feeling Thankful. I even had a dream about my dad! That never happens. Maybe once since he died. This one was very vivid I heard his voice as clear as a starry night. He was telling me not to worry about the bread or he was bringing the bread or had the bread...whatever I guess dad has the bread part of the meal taken care of! Ha ha.
So I guess I am Thankful....again. Thanks Dad! I hope someone has some butter for this bread.

No comments: