Monday, January 4, 2010

Jack Frost is nipping at my nose.





It is so cold in my office I think I might get frost bite! I mean Jack Frost must be in some kind of a bad mood! The other end of the office is warm and toasty but down at this end if feels like a meat locker, as if I have ever been in a meat locker! But I imagine it feels like this. At lunch today I had to walk over to the bank and it was 9 degrees with a MINUS 6 wind chill. When I was a kid we did not have wind chill factors. We knew it was cold. We just did not know how cold it really felt. In grade school the girls still wore dresses back in the day. We could wear long pants ONLY if the temperature was below 32 degrees in the morning when school started. And jeans?? We could not wear jeans at all period. I think I was in junior high before we could finally wear jeans to school. There was a big high school walk out to protest us not getting to wear jeans to school. This was the early 70’s. I mean the age of Woodstock and Vietnam and we could not wear jeans to school. That seems like it would not be possible… but it is. Funny how things change and you don’t even notice. Seems almost unbelievable that I went to school back when girls could not wear pants! Today I have on pants and tights and fuzzy socks and 2 shirts and 2 sweaters but Jack Frost is still nipping at my nose and ears and fingers…..Thank goodness I don’t have to wear a dress!!

1 comment:

Walker said...

You're as bad as me.
I got two comforters two blankets 2 flannels sheets and six pillows on the bed so i can sleep.

Yet I run to the store at -40 in joggies and a t shirt