Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Send in the Clowns



In the circus when there is something gone wrong they send in the clowns. I sure could have used some clowns in my life in the past.....but now...well my son is a clown. Okay he subs as a clown. But now I know what I have always known....if there is a disaster in my life...all I need to do is call my son.

Where has the time gone? I have not been on here in a long time. Someone asked me for the web address to my blog so maybe that is the only reason I am here. Hello dear old blog that has helped me survive in my darkest hours.

My brilliant son is now working full time in Walt Disney World. He moved to Florida in March. It has been a really hard adjustment for both of us but it seems to be getting better. Thank God for Skype! This is a glorious invention where dear son and I can actually feel like we are in the same room when we talk. This has helped so much!! I can see him. I can reach out and almost touch him, my baby, the best thing in my life.

Mom moved in with us in December. Forgive me if I repeat things you already know. This has been extremely hard. Nothing in the world makes my mother happy. It is an endless struggle to not have her drag me down with her. Right now she is out of town. Visiting a friend. Wanted to stay a month. It has been 2 weeks and she has already called that she is ready to come home. SIGH. She will come back here and say that she wants to go back there, that she can go there to live. Yet when she is "there" she is miserable. I don't know why she can't see that. But then, I guess, she takes her misery with her. Time will tell if we have her move to her own retirement apartment. I think it is a great idea to give her friends and a sense of community. But it is pricey. And money is always an issue.

Word to the wise: Do not get yourself in debt so deep that you cannot see your way out.

So....life is moving right along. Every day the sun rises. Every day is a new beginning. Every day is a circus. Ya gotta smile. Be gentle.

No comments: