Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 There Is Always Hope

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. That was a popular quote back in the 70's but it really speaks the truth. Today IS the first day of 2009. A new year. The older I get the more apprehensive I am with each new year. Maybe it is because I have seen years start with such high hopes only to see the dreams that you had never come true. Or maybe I am afraid of what the future could hold.
I sure did not see dad's death coming in 2007 when I was ringing in THAT new year. Some years I just want to go to bed before midnight and have the new year come creeping in without me noticing and just waking up to a brand new year with no fuss about it.
I have decided to change my blog a little. For the first year without my dad it helped me to just focus on my life without him and how that shaped my life and changed me and everyone around me. Now I will broaden it to be more encompassing of life in general... but dad is a constant in my life always and forever.
So today we head into a new year with hope in our hearts and the promise of a bright year...because today really is the first day of the rest of your life and there is always hope. Always.

No comments: